We are moving right along in the Systematic Theology. This week was about the various forms that God uses to communicates with humanity. Here are the questions for personal application and the vocab words. I think the questions are thought provoking and answerable even without having read the material, so chime in!
Questions for Personal Application:
- Do you think you would pay more attention if God spoke to you from heaven or through the voice of a living prophet than if he spoke to you from the written words of Scripture?
- Would you believe or obey such words more readily than you do Scripture?
- Do you think your present level of response to the written words of Scripture is an appropriate one?
- What positive steps can you take to make your attitude toward Scripture more like the kind of attitude God wants you to have?
- When you think about the many ways in which God speaks and the frequency with which God communicates with his creatures through these means, what conclusions might you draw concerning the nature of God and the things that bring delight to him?
Decree – A decree of God is a word of God that causes something to happen.(Kindle, 1042)
Personal Address – when God communicates with people on earth by speaking directly to them.(Kindle, 1045)
Word of God – God’s words to humanity in all its various forms, including words of decree, words of personal address, words spoken through the lips human beings, and the written word.(Kindle, 1078)